Helloooo again! I hope you’re having a good day/afternoon/evening depending on where you are in the world. So I thought I’d do another what’s on my face post because… well I don’t know, just because. Today was not very interesting. I just chilled at home, went for some coffee and a spot of shopping (yes I have an addiction) and that was about it. Now I’m at home and just about to cook some dinner :). Anyway, I thought I’d share what products I used to do my makeup today, so here it goes.
1. Foundation: Charlotte Tilbury’s Magic Foundation. I just recently did a whole blog post on this so I’ll link it HERE so check that out if you want to know more about it. Yes, I’m obsessed. It’s so flawless and completely covers up all my imperfections. The picture of me above is unedited, and you can see how good the foundation looks in pictures (just the foundation, not me myself haha). Love love love.
2. Concealer: NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla. Another much talked about product that is definitely worth the hype. It’s so full coverage, which I need for my extra dark under eye circles, but weightless and undetectable at the same time. It doesn’t crease or cake up etc. It’s great.
3. Powder: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Ethereal Light. This is part of my own customised Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder palette. It’s just a translucent powder with a hint of shimmer so it adds a little brightness under the eyes and a subtle glow to the rest of the face. I also find that it smooths out pores and gives a kind of airbrush effect. The Ambient Lighting Powders are pretty pricey though, not sure if they’re really worth it.
4. Bronzer: Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow. Amazing, amazing product, such beautiful packaging and includes a great highlighter and bronzer which is a perfect slightly cool-toned slightly warm-toned contour shade which can also be used to bronze. You’ve probably heard everything about this, it’s definitely worth the price and perfect for almost every skin tone. Charlotte Tilbury have also released a new one for darker skin tones!
5. Blush: Clinique Cheek Pop in 01 Ginger Pop. Such a cute blush, with great packaging and a little flower imprint. This one is just an everyday, pinky shade. The texture of these are strange, almost creamy and so smooth.
6. Highlighter: Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Moonstone. An intense champagne highlight, great for pale skin. Becca Shimmering Skin Perfectors are just amazing. If you’re looking for a new highlighter, get one of Becca’s! I need to try Champagne Pop.
7. Eyeliner: Charlotte Tilbury Rock ‘N’ Kohl Eye Pencil in Bedroom Black. The blackest eyeliner I’ve every tried and also the best I’ve ever tried in terms of formula. So so so pigmented and lasts all day on the waterline. I kept it very simple with the eyes today. I didn’t bother with eyeshadow, I just lined my upper and lower lash line with this and smoked it out with a pencil brush. This gives an effortless, grungy look.
8. Mascara: Clinique High Impact Mascara. I received this as a sample and thought I’d try it out. I didn’t notice anything special really. The brush was too big and the formula was standard. I’m more of a drugstore mascara kind of girl.
9. Lipliner: Mac Whirl. My favourite, it goes with every single nude/pink/mauve/brown lip colour.
10. Lipstick: Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick in Pure Hollywood. I love the colour of this. It’s a beautiful pinky nude shade. Not the best formula of liquid lipstick I’ve tried but still up there. It’s not too drying and lasts quite a long time on the lips. I prefer the Sephora Cream Lip Stains though, and they’re more affordable!
Okay so we’ve reached the end. This was more like a mini review of each product rather than a ‘tutorial’. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed!
What have you guys been up to today?
Can you recommend any makeup products I should try?
Thanks for reading,
‘highlight on fleek’… no not really