Hey guys! Hope everyone is doing well today. Basically, I am a foundation junkie and I’ve been trying out the NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation and I wanted to share my thoughts on it with you. I just wanna say that I am not that big of a fan of the NARS Sheer Glow Foundation. Honestly, I don’t get the hype. Maybe it doesn’t work for me because of my skin type or for some other reason, but basically it just doesn’t work. It kind of just sits on top of my skin and emphasises all my blemishes and fine lines whilst also getting oily and shiny very quickly. I do have very oily, blemish prone skin sometimes with a few dry patches around the cheek and nose area (yes it’s a NIGHTMARE) so it’s difficult to find foundations that work for all of these problems. This is my opinion on this foundation, maybe it will or will not work for your skin type, everyone is different and has different preferences when it comes to foundation, I recommend reading other reviews before deciding to try it out! 🙂 Now for the review…
So lets start with the PROS:
– Packaging: it has a pump which is major for me when I look for a foundation. It makes it so much easier to use the correct amount and minimises wastage. I tend to use too much product if there is no pump which makes the foundation run out so much more quickly. Also, it has a beautiful frosted glass bottle with a ‘traditional NARS packaging’ black lid which looks great but gets dirty very easily (as you can see from my huge fingerprint in the picture, I tried to clean it but it wouldn’t come off haha).
– Application: It’s really great to apply and blends soo quickly and easily. You literally need one pump to cover the entire face and you can easily add more in problem areas if you need to as it has a medium, buildable coverage. This is great as again, it means minimum wastage and the product will last a long time if you use it sparingly, good value for money! I also find that my concealer blends so effortlessly over this foundation.
– Finish: As I said before, it has a medium, buildable coverage but it feels so lightweight. When you first apply it, it makes your skin look flawless but natural. It has a kind of demi-matte finish, which means it looks a little matte but still gives some radiance and glow. It completely covers redness and blemishes whilst still giving some luminosity to the skin (hence the name :P).
– Shade Range: All of the shades in the range have the same names as those of the NARS Sheer Glow Foundation. This makes it really easy to colour match if you already know your shade for the sheer glow. There are 20 shades in total, ranging from super light to super dark, some with yellow undertones, some with pink undertones and some with neutral undertones. This means that there’s probably a shade to suit every skin tone! (I’m in the shade Deauville for reference.)
Okay, now for the CONS:
– Longevity: This foundation is so easily to apply because it’s pretty runny/slippy and kind of oily in consistency. This is probably not great for my oily skin. A lot of people said that it was matte and drying on their skin, but it was the opposite for me. After about 1 hour I started to get a little shiny in my t-zone and the foundation started to move around a bit. It started to fade and look slightly patchy, especially around the eyebrows and nose area.
– Sinks into fine lines: This, like the NARS Sheer Glow kind of sunk into my fine lines, especially around the mouth area. It also clung to dry patches.
I don’t love this foundation, but I don’t hate it. It looks great straight after application but gets oily very quickly. This can be combatted by powdering and touching up regularly throughout the day, but this can get annoying. It may work better for normal skin, but I think it definitely wouldn’t work for dry skin as it clings to dry patches a lot. It’s $48/£32 so it’s pretty pricey. Overall I’d give it 5/10, if only it lasted longer and didn’t break up and look patchy but looked like it did straight after application! Definitely look at lots of different reviews to see if you think this will work for you.
So, thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed.
Have you tried this foundation, and if so what are your thoughts?
(Straight After application. Ignore my silly boyfriend in the background haha)