Hey guys! Today I wanted to share with you a really easy way to achieve a glittery, sparkly, crazy lip look. I literally used about 4 products in total and I thought it turned out pretty cool. So here’s how to do it:
- Apply concealer all over the lips and set with a translucent face powder. This cancels out the natural colour of your lips and creates a clear, blank canvas and also ensures that the liquid lipstick you apply on top applies true to colour and comes out more vibrant.
- Apply any dark, cool toned, matte liquid lipstick. I used the NYX Liquid Suede in Stone Fox which is a cool toned grey.
- Carve out the lip line with concealer to ensure that they look neat and that the lines are sharp and crisp. Whenever I apply liquid lipstick it goes all over the place so this is the best trick to correct any mistakes.
- Apply either a glitter primer or eyelash glue on to the lips with a flat brush and immediately apply the glitter on top with the same brush. I find that it’s easier to work in sections, applying the primer/glue to a small section of the lips followed by the glitter, as this ensures that the glue doesn’t dry before you are able to apply the glitter. I used the DUO Clear Lash Adhesive and the NYX Glitter Brilliants in 06.
- Add a rhinestone in the centre of your bottom lip for extra effect 😉 I got them from Claire’s and it looks like I have a piercing! (you don’t have to do this)
And that’s it! I don’t know if I made any sense at all, I felt like I was just rambling, but hopefully you learned something?!
Thank you for reading,